I had gotten in an insane state where things just stopped working that had previously been working as I updated to Ember CLI 2.6.
After much tearing of hair, I started over from scratch and repeated the upgrade process.
Everything works now.
rm -rf node_modules bower_componentsand test again.
Nothing works now.
Consistently, it works fine after the upgrade and
ember initfinishes. Then, if I do a clean install of the dependencies, it fails.
And it fails in the same ways. So ultimately I’ll be chasing those, because we’re not going to get stuck here.
But this is an infuriating experience. If you’ve ever believed npm’s claim that non-deterministic installs aren’t a problem… consider this a data point in the opposite direction.
┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻